Apple has issued an update for their iOS operating system fixing minor bugs. Dubbed as iOS 5.1.1 update, it is available for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation) and later, iPad (1st generation), iPad (2nd generation), iPad (3rd generation).
Here is what you will get with iOS 5.1.1 update
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
This update is available over-the-air for devices running on iOS 5 and above. It is a 54MB download for iPhone, and 42.5MB of iPad and 42.8MB of iPod touch.
Apple had originally introduced iOS 5 in October last year with iPhone 4S, while iOS 5.1 was released in March 2012.